It’s finally finished September 2, 2008Posted by Judy in Diaper bag, Sewing projects.
Tags: cloth diapers, diaper bag, sewing
So I finally finished The Chateau Diaper Bag™ last week and we testing it out this weekend. Of course, I will be making several minor changes, but by and large, the design is going to work. Yipee! It’s pretty much an enormous bag, but it fits pretty much everything you’ll need for an all day outing for cloth or disposable diapering for not one, but two babies! An honestly, I’ve seen some pretty big diaper bags online, so this one fits right in. The finished dimensions are 18″ wide x 12″ tall x 10″ deep. And of course, there is a spot on the front where The Moored Purse™ can be, well, moored. I love all of the pockets so that things don’t get lost in the recesses of the bag! DH says it’s quite comfy to carry, since it’s a messenger style bag.
Here are a few pics of the practice bag made out of what I deem to be seriously unattractive fabric! (Hey, it was a $1 sheet set at Salvation Army, can’t go wrong there!) I didn’t use any interfacing, so it slumps a bit, but the real bag will have Peltex interfacing which should help to stiffen it up. I’ve not used Peltex, so we’ll see how that goes! Okay, here are the pics, for real!