Serious snaffu! September 22, 2008Posted by Judy in Diaper bag, Sewing projects.
Tags: diaper bag, sewing
I’ve been working on The Bungalow Diaper Bag™ for the past two weeks, and ran into a MAJOR snaffu with the Peltex. Apparently I bought the kind that has glue on both sides, nifty, just not what I needed. I kept having to modify my sewing directions, and every time I’d modify, something else would get thrown out of whack! So first I figured I could fuse the Peltex to the lining, sew in lining pieces together, then sew the fabric together, then fuse everything together. Then I realized that once the pockets were sewn in, it would be tricky to fuse. So I decided to fuse the lining and fabric first then sew the pockets. I was patting myself on the back for how smart I was when I realized that thanks to my “good idea”, the stitching for the pockets was going to show on the outside of the bag . . . not in the original plan!
Then I realized that I’d forgotten to attach the magnetc snap BEFORE fusing the fabric and lining. Yep, you guessed it, you can see the ugly part of the snap on the outside of the bag. I ran into sooo many problems, it took me many more hours than it should have to finish that bag. It’s done now, and it’s actually really nice looking, just not what I had in mind. It’s pretty jury rigged, but it works. If I ever make any of these to sell, I most certainly WILL NOT use Peltex 72 (that’s the fusable on two sides interfacing). Live and learn, I guess!
Now I’m trying to figure out how or if I can use the Peltex on The Chateau Diaper Bag™ without throwing that whole design into a tizzy. But that’s a problem for another day!