jump to navigation

Worst diaper ever! October 11, 2008

Posted by Judy in Musings, Sewing projects.
Tags: ,

Yeah, that was what I made last night.  I needed to make another nighttime dipe for NOR.  The first one was okay, but I wanted to make a few changes.  Instead of sitting down and thinking it through, I just launched right in.  Mistake!  I kept running into problems.  So I decided to sew the elastic in blind rather than doing the turned and topstitched method.  I also figured this would work better through all of the many layers.  The elastic worked out pretty well.  Then I thought I would wrap the microfleece, which is the inner layer, to the outside over the prefold so that 1) it would be soft on NOR’s legs and 2) it would keep the prefold from fraying in the wash.  I decided this AFTER cutting out the fleece, so I had to piece together more fleece to adjust the width.  (snaffu #1)  (Anyone confused yet?!?)   So when I did that, it stretched the elastic out so that it wouldn’t spring back.  (snaffu #2)  Then I figured I’d just make the fold over bigger and sew it over instead of on top of the elastic.  That seemed to work, until I got to the other side and realized that if I did that, I wouldn’t have enough room in the pocket to stuff the diaper.  (snaffu #3)

So the diaper is done, but it’s definitely not my best work.  Fortunately, it’s only a diaper, so it’s not really that big of a deal.  But, I really should try to think things through first.  Of course, I’ve spent hours thinking and planning my diaper bags and I still run into problems.  Hmmmm . . maybe my thinking is the problem.  Not much I can do about that!


No comments yet — be the first.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: