Our updated diaper stash September 17, 2009Posted by Judy in Sewing projects.
Since I last posted pics of our dipe stash about a year ago, it has grown and grown and grown! I’m pretty sure it’ll keep growing, since I tend to go bonkers when making dipes =) Without further ado, here are the additions to the stash. (Sorry for the blurry pics, it was either that or REALLY washed out with the flash.)
The prefolds on the left are made out of stretch t-shirts (at least 5% lycra) and the ones on the right are flannel on top (which does a pretty good job of keeping LO’s bottom dry) and t-shirt on the bottom.
Back row: The first two piles are fitted dipes absorbent enough for one or two pees, great for EC! The third pile are stuffable and have microfleece as the inner layer, great for keeping bottoms dry. Front row, L to R: These are undies from The Gap . . . I added a soaker layer so that I could use them for EC. The only “not made by me” dipe we own! Bummis covers.
Some more wool shorties.
Newborn covers, mostly made out of wool, the top left and top right are fleece. I used Katrina’s soaker pattern and then modified it to add velcro and or snaps. It was just tooooo tricky to try and get little pants on a scrawny newborn who refused to straighten her legs!!
I also modified Katrina’s pattern to be long pants with snaps . . . .it only sort of worked.
These are the dipes we use for overnight. The top row are stuffable dipes made from cut up high quality prefolds (as in, NOT the kind you get at Wal-Mart) and either microfleece or t-shirts for the inner layer. The bottom row are my basic stuffables with microfleece inner and t-shirt outer.