My Jimmy John’s knock-off December 2, 2009Posted by Judy in Recipes.
So I have been craving Jimmy John’s sandwhiches recently. Sadly, we don’t live anywhere near a Jimmy John’s, what’s a girl to do? Go to the store, buy the fixin’s and make her own! Here’s my little recipe, just in case you too are in need of a JJ sandwhich. I like the #6, veggie, with extra veggies and avocado spread.
Here’s what you need:
- baguette bread (toast it in the oven for about 3 minutes at 300 or so to get that crunchy outside soft inside)
- tomatoes, sliced
- cucumbers, sliced
- alfalfa sprouts
- provolone cheese
- banana peppers
- dill pickle spears
- mayo spread (3T of real mayo + 1 or 1.5 T of buttermilk ranch)
- avocado spread (I used Marzetti’s avocado dip and added some salsa to it)
Putting it together
- spread the mayo spread on both sides of the baguette
- place 2 slices of cheese on the bottom
- next comes the alfalfa, be generous
- place several slices of cucumber on top
- spread the avocado spread over the cucs
- top with the tomatoes and banana peppers
- squish everything together, get yourself a pickle and enjoy!