jump to navigation

More anti-pink fun May 1, 2010

Posted by Judy in Sewing projects.
trackback

Remember all the fun stuff that got dyed a few weeks back?  Well, I decided to give it another go with some other stuff.  We had gotten a bunch of snow suits and little girls stuff from Freecycle . . .of course, they were pink.  Into the dye bath they went.  (I actually wasn’t at all sure if the snowsuits would work since they were made of nylon.  But, I figured it couldn’t get any worse.)  Here are the mediocre results.  I used red dye, which is apparently quite finicky.  As in, I should have used ALOT more dye.  Oh well . . . .

Snowsuit before.  (The inside of the hood is a fleece material)

Snow suit after.  The fleece didn’t dye very well, but the rest fared a bit better.

Snow bib before

Snow bib after, VERY mediocre results.  It’s still pink, just a darker shade.  But notice that the lining turned a lovely shade of magenta.  Oh well, can’t win them all!

Advertisements

Comments»

No comments yet — be the first.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: